TDI stands for Tailored Datacenter Integration and describes a program that allows SAP HANA customers to leverage existing hardware, tools and IT processes for their SAP HANA environment. Previously, an SAP HANA appliance was limited to the components already within the certified configuration, which posed significant constraints in terms of tools integration. TDI targets the usage of existing infrastructure components already in the customer’s landscape, and also leverages current skillsets, tools and processes.
Evaluate the existing hardware at customer site and then validate if it meets the SAP defined guidelines for HANA TDI deployment.
Architecture and Design
The Architecture and Design phase involves validating all the information collected in Assessment phase and design storage, network and server configurations to match HANA requirements. The design will also take into accout the Local and Remote Recovery Time Objective and Recovery Point Objective requirements. If this is not a greenfield implementation, the different migration options available will be evaluated and the optimal solution is chosen.
Manage and Support
SAP HANA management layer services include monitoring and standard operations management.
Services include migration to SAP HANA, S/4 migration, dynamic tiering, HANA memory management
The SAP HANA TDI program delivers the following advantages
- Enables the reuse of existing hardware components
- Enables the use of existing operational processes
- Leverage existing ecosystem of server and storage vendors
As a result, customers can expect to realize reduced hardware and operational costs and increased flexibility in hardware vendor selection.
SAP HANA Tailored Datacenter Integration deployments are customized solutions where you can choose any of the certified SAP HANA server vendors along with any certified SAP enterprise storage. The high level process is as follows:
- Choose servers from SAP’s list of certified servers.
- Choose storage from SAP’s list of certified storage.
- Choose a certified SAP HANA Installation Consultant to perform the installation of the SAP HANA software.
- Confirm that the architecture sustains SAP’s requirements in terms of operating system configurations, storage, and network performance.
WFT has multiple specialists who are certified in SAP HANA technology, in performing installations, and helping customers by designing and deploying high-availability and disaster-recovery solutions for SAP HANA tailored data center integration.