IT Outsourcing - In House IT Staff vs. Outsourced; which is best for you, our staff or yours?
Why Work with a MSP?
Staff up or outsource? This is the question facing many IT organizations both large and small as they try to keep up with rapidly changing businesses and advances in technology. It’s difficult for them to step back from managing day to day operations to evolve the IT infrastructure and it can put undue stress on the entire organization.
One of the best solutions you have is to outsource IT to a managed service provider (MSP). Outsourcing portions of your IT organization enable you to focus resources on your core business and provides your organization with;
- Agility – Working with a MSP gives you the flexibility and scalability that you need to adapt to changing business conditions.
- Expertise – Outsourcing provides staffing flexibility and can give you access to expensive IT expertise that you may not need full time within your organization.
- Technology innovation – MSP’s are infrastructure and application experts. It is their business is to stay abreast of the latest innovations to guide you during rapid technological change. MSPs assume most of the of technology adoption costs by absorbing the initial training and implementation costs.
- Control Costs – Outsourcing converts fixed IT costs into variable costs and allows you to budget effectively. With managed services, you pay for only what you use.
- Stronger Compliance - with the latest regulations. With the adoption of cloud computing, costs now shift from capital expenses to operational expenses. MSPs package their infrastructure, application, and support services into a predictable monthly fee. In fact, the single most important tactical reason for outsourcing IT management is to reduce and control operating costs.
Due to specialization and economy of scale, companies that try to do everything in-house may incur 25 to 30% higher direct and indirect costs of internal, dedicated resources in addition to increasing capital costs to maintain an up-to-date infrastructure.
Focus on Strategy
WFT delivers solutions that enable businesses to respond to changing business demands.
Regardless of the need, our experts are available to help ensure the success of stabilization projects, migration, implementation, or ITO projects. Our customers can gain efficiencies by augmenting IT staff or by utilizing our Managed Cloud’s performance and scalability.
With our fully outsourced services, companies gain access to deep technical expertise and the flexible and adaptive technology that enables business transformation.
Outsourcing applications to WFT’s managed hosting environment not only enables IT teams to focus on strategic projects, it reduces the burden of required capital expenditures associated with IT upgrades.
With the help from our expert staff:
- Meet business or industry compliance requirements
- Mitigate risks
- Optimize capabilities
The figure below is an actual comparison of an outsource business intelligence application versus supporting it in-house.